I am a wife, mother of three young adult children, dog and cat owner who loves to create one of a kind art to wear and give. I love creating up cycled denim fashions for women and girls of all ages. I have always been creative and can remember all the way back to when I was three years old playing on my parents bed in front of a mirror all wrapped up in a white sheet. This was no ordinary sheet. To me and the way I draped it around myself it looked like a beautiful one of a kind wedding dress. Oh the little girl that lurks in all us grown women.
I was always looking for new ways to reinvent clothing through my teen years and early 20’s. Then after homeschooling my children I became itchy for a creative outlet and tried my hand at quilting, painting and encaustic with mixed media. That is what led me to where I am today. Upcycling denim, creating one of a kind 50’s kitchy apron sets, and my latest venture of vests and kimonos.
Being one who likes to keep all my options open I also make small works of mixed media and encaustic work these small art works are very suitable for framing.
So I will leave you with a few fun facts about me:
- I lived in Australia and my second child was born there.
- I love yoga.
- I am BBC obsessed. I love all British Television.
- Tea yep, loose leaf only please.
- I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream. I am totally addicted.
- I have sat on an elephant and went for a ride.
- I like to tackle my fears head on. That is why I learned to downhill ski. No longer afraid of heights. LOL
And to close, a photo of me and my gang, how I love them all.