Hello Everyone! Happy 2016 to you all!
I am so excited about this months blog post. It is so close to my own heart because I practice this all the time. Vision Boards have helped me with everything from what I would like my business to be to what I want my fashion statement to say.
I have found that the best way for me to get started in creating a vision board is with a meditation and reflection time. So I have included that here for you. When you scroll down you will find a recorded meditation, a couple of sheets with questions to help you get focused and a sheet full of some of my favourite quotes that you can print out and use however you would like. You could even cut them up and make them a part of your vision board. Below you will find a list of supplies and the steps to take to create your one of a kind vision for your best year yet! Let’s get started. Please read through all the steps before you begin.
- paper or journal for writing in. Print outs I have supplied.
- pen, pencils, markers, crayons etc.
- stickers, art tape, old magazines
- copyright free images off the computer of things you would like to do, be or have
- file folder, bristle board or bulletin board (this is the base of your board. I like to use file folders for easy storage when I am done using them, it is a great way to keep a record)
- You will need 60 to 90 minutes of uninterrupted time for this. It is best not to be disturbed.
- Gather all your supplies into one place. I really like to spread out so I usually end up on the floor.
- Have some tea ready to be made or a glass of whatever your favorite drink is to have once the meditation is over.
- I like to do this in low lighting, it helps me to focus inward. I light candles to.
- Either a yoga mat or comfortable chair for the guided meditation.
- Get yourself settled and listen to the meditation.
- Write in your journal or on paper all your thoughts and ideas that came up for you during the meditation.You can use the sheets I have provided to help get you started. Use a timer and go for about 10 minutes.
- Now go through your magazines and print outs. Set aside everything that speaks to you in the photos or the written word. Do this quickly and intuitively.
- Take a deep breath. Now it is time to go through the pile you set to one side. This is the fun part. Start clipping and gluing to your hearts content. Add line and drawings with your pens and markers. Keep going until you feel it is complete. You can make one large vision board or even do smaller ones for each area of your life. If this is your first time doing one I would recommend just focusing on one board for now.
- Now take a good look at what you created. Does anything jump out at you? Does something surprise you. If you feel lead to you can write some more steps to take in your journal.
How was that? I hope it has helped you to get more clear and focused on all you can be and can become. If you are comfortable please share your thought and maybe even a photo of your vision board in the comments below.
Thanks everyone and Happy Day,